Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, May 23-May 29
May 22, 2017
• Today: Massages at the Golden Eagle, 1 to 4 p.m., $10 for 20 minutes. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Wednesday: Blood pressures and glucose blood sugar checks by Eagle County Paramedics, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; no appointment necessary.
• Wednesday: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Friday: Non-medical foot care offered at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; make an appointment by calling 970-328-8831.
• Friday: Book Lover's Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle, 10:30 a.m., good conversation, coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Monday, May 29: Memorial Day barbecue at the Golden Eagle, noon. Please sign up at the Golden Eagle or by calling 970-328-8896 to attend, and bring a side dish or dessert.
Recommended Stories For You
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Rec Center each Tuesday, 10 to 11 a.m., cost is $2 per class.
• Wednesdays: All seniors welcome to share in the donated food items at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center from our local grocery stores. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. $5 drop-in rate, no sign-up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831