Senior calendar: Upcoming senior events, June 6-June 12
• Wednesday, June 7: There will be no full-body exercise class at the Golden Eagle at 9 a.m. Instructor is on vacation. Classes will resume June 12.
• Wednesday, June 7: Poker game at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. No sign-up necessary. All are welcome, and new participants encouraged. The group is happy to teach you the game.
• Friday, June 9: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle, 10:30 a.m. Conversation on books and authors; coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Monday, June 12: Senior community luncheon at 4 Eagle Ranch in Wolcott, with barbecue lunch, wagon rides, line dancing and more. Cost is $5 per person; call 970-328-8896 to RSVP by June 7. Transportation is available from Eagle and Minturn.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreaction Center each Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost is $2 per class. Reduce arthritic pain while improving range of motion and strength.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays: All seniors welcome to share in the donated food items at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center from our local grocery stores. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate; no sign-up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
• WANTED: Are you an independent handyman or handywoman who would be interested in doing work for older adults? This is a growing demand and could be greatly beneficial to all involved. Call 970-328-8896.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User