Snake disrupts class at Colorado St.
DENVER ” Students hopped on chairs and screams erupted when a nonpoisonous bull snake wandered into a classroom at Colorado State University Wednesday and bit a student in the hand.
Instructor Stu Field was minutes into his lecture when students noticed the snake slithering near the west doors of the classroom. He said the student who was bitten, who name wasn’t released, was attempting to remove the snake from the classroom.
“Class had just started and then one girl stood on her chair and started screaming. Then every girl around it started screaming and all the girls stood on their chairs,” Brittanny Bellefeuille, a freshman chemical engineering major, said.
Another student placed the snake in his backpack and took it outside. School officials believe the snake was likely brought into the building by another student.