Some conservative tenants
What conservatives believe:
1.That as the Declaration of Independence states “that government derives its powers from the consent of the governed.”
2.The best government is limited government.
3. Man is not free unless government is limited.
4. Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing.
5. That capitalism and the market system is the only way to conduct economic exchange, but must be overseen to limit its excesses.
6. Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
7. That the individual can make better decisions to spend their money than government.
8. That every person has an equal opportunity to excel to the limit of their God-given talents.
9. That no one group should be shown favoritism over any other group.
10. Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
11. Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
12 .Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
13. That the government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
14. Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
15. That government will not establish a national religion that all citizens must worship in a certain way.
16. That the citizen has the liberty and right to worship in the way they choose and subscribe to any doctrine they believe.
17. Government does not have the right to inhibit the freedom to worship by any citizen under any circumstances.