After long layoff, Devils fall at Rifle
January 12, 2017
RIFLE — As Admiral Ackbar said in "Return of the Jedi," — "It's a trap."
However, for Eagle Valley basketball, the Devils knew Thursday's games were traps not of their own making. It's difficult coming off the winter break to recapture a rhythm, and even more difficult when a program's first two games after the break are snowed out.
Having not played since Dec. 17, Eagle Valley's girls fell at Rifle, 34-21, while the boys lost, 65-62.
Weather willing, both Eagle Valley teams will get in serious flow of competition. The Devils head to Central on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed