After long layoff, Devils fall at Rifle
January 12, 2017
RIFLE — As Admiral Ackbar said in "Return of the Jedi," — "It's a trap."
However, for Eagle Valley basketball, the Devils knew Thursday's games were traps not of their own making. It's difficult coming off the winter break to recapture a rhythm, and even more difficult when a program's first two games after the break are snowed out.
Having not played since Dec. 17, Eagle Valley's girls fell at Rifle, 34-21, while the boys lost, 65-62.
Weather willing, both Eagle Valley teams will get in serious flow of competition. The Devils head to Central on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Freud: Beaver Creek Birds of Prey saga vaults Hirscher to win? (column)
- Breckenridge disabled sports event helps Las Vegas shooting survivor move forward with her life
- Re-imagined superpipe highlights this weekend’s post-Olympic Dew Tour
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days