After long layoff, Devils fall at Rifle
January 12, 2017
RIFLE — As Admiral Ackbar said in "Return of the Jedi," — "It's a trap."
However, for Eagle Valley basketball, the Devils knew Thursday's games were traps not of their own making. It's difficult coming off the winter break to recapture a rhythm, and even more difficult when a program's first two games after the break are snowed out.
Having not played since Dec. 17, Eagle Valley's girls fell at Rifle, 34-21, while the boys lost, 65-62.
Weather willing, both Eagle Valley teams will get in serious flow of competition. The Devils head to Central on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 9th in Cortina as Siebenhofer wins back-to-back downhills
- Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain Alpine teams share wins at Beaver Creek
- Battle Mountain Nordic skates to win in Minturn
- Vail’s Tess Johnson makes podium in Lake Placid