Arapahoe Basin extends ski season an extra weekend, June 9-11
May 23, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area has extended its season by at least one weekend.
On Tuesday morning, A-Basin officials announced the ski area would add a bonus weekend from June 9-11, giving skiers and snowboarders access to the slopes and lifts beyond the original closing date of June 4.
Prices will be as follows: $59 for adults, $47 for youth (ages 15 to 18), $34 for children (ages 6 to 14) and $30 for seniors (70 and older). Kids 5 and younger ski for free. There won't be any half-day tickets, and there also won't be any tuning or retail services at A-Basin village shops. The A-frame and Black Mountain Lodge will most likely be open, with times and dates to be announced at arapahoebasin.com.
A-Basin lifts and services will be closed from Monday, June 5, through Thursday, June 8. The bonus weekend begins Friday, June 9, with service on Black Mountain Express and Lenawee Mountain Lift from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., depending on weather. Ski patrol will most likely open top-to-bottom trails, area communications director Adrienne Saia Isaac said.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Hess: Week 7 of college football was wild (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move