Arapahoe Basin extends ski season an extra weekend, June 9-11
May 23, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area has extended its season by at least one weekend.
On Tuesday morning, A-Basin officials announced the ski area would add a bonus weekend from June 9-11, giving skiers and snowboarders access to the slopes and lifts beyond the original closing date of June 4.
Prices will be as follows: $59 for adults, $47 for youth (ages 15 to 18), $34 for children (ages 6 to 14) and $30 for seniors (70 and older). Kids 5 and younger ski for free. There won't be any half-day tickets, and there also won't be any tuning or retail services at A-Basin village shops. The A-frame and Black Mountain Lodge will most likely be open, with times and dates to be announced at arapahoebasin.com.
A-Basin lifts and services will be closed from Monday, June 5, through Thursday, June 8. The bonus weekend begins Friday, June 9, with service on Black Mountain Express and Lenawee Mountain Lift from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., depending on weather. Ski patrol will most likely open top-to-bottom trails, area communications director Adrienne Saia Isaac said.
Trending In: Sports
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- Freud: Huskies and Saints renew basketball rivalry and other preps roundups (column)
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019