Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens North Pole on East Wall
January 24, 2019
The last bit of terrain yet to open for the season here in Summit County opened to the public for the first time this winter on Wednesday when Arapahoe Basin Ski Area dropped the rope on its North Pole section of its East Wall terrain.
The ski area's East Wall terrain consists of extreme, double-black diamond natural terrain chute skiing along the ski area’s east wall. It is not recommended for any skiers or riders who do not have advanced skills and extensive experience on extreme natural terrain.
East Wall terrain includes the following named runs: Land of the Giants, Corner Chute, North Pole, North Y Chute, South Y Chute, Tree Chutes 1-8 and Willy’s Wide. Availability of specific East Wall terrain is variable depending on weather conditions.
Trending In: Sports
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow facing lawsuit after Utah skiing accident
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Actress Rebel Wilson medically rescued from Aspen slopes citing the ‘vibe’