Breckenridge, Keystone plan Nov. 9 ski openings; Copper Mountain targets Nov. 17
August 2, 2018
Both Breckenridge Ski Resort and Keystone Resort are targeting Friday, Nov. 9, opening days for the public skiing and riding season, Vail Resorts spokeswoman Loryn Roberson said in a news release.
Over at Copper Mountain Resort, the Powdr Corp. property is targeting a public opening date for the ensuing weekend, on Saturday, Nov. 17, according to resort spokeswoman Taylor Prather. Prather added that the resort plans to open the day prior, on Friday, Nov. 16, for the mountain's exclusive "Passholder Opening Day."
Copper will open for the season after replacing both its American Flyer and American Eagle lifts. The new American Eagle Lift will be a high-speed quad that includes a combination of both six-person chairs and eight-person gondola cabins. Powdr claims the new lift will increase uphill capacity by more than 40 percent.
As for the new American Flyer Lift, it'll be a Leitner Poma high-speed six-person chair with bubble enclosures that'll increase uphill capacity by 33 percent.
Vail Resorts continues to list its price for the Epic Pass at $899, a pricetag that will run for about another month, through Sept. 3. The pass for the first time this season will feature unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Crested Butte and seven days of unrestricted access to Telluride. In total, the pass offers unlimited access to 19 mountain resorts and limited access to 46 more throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. The current price for a child pass, up to age 12, is $469.
As for Powdr's new Ikon Pass, the current price is $999 for unlimited access at 12 Powdr properties, including Copper Mountain and Steamboat Ski Resort. The pricetag also includes seven days at each of 14 other skiing destinations in the U.S., Canada and Australia, among other benefits. The college, military and teen — ages 13 to 17 — prices for the pass are currently $819. The child price for ages 5-12 is currently $549.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- At long last: Battle Mountain soccer beats The Classical Academy, 2-0
- Middaugh dominant, wins Xterra series finale in Utah by nearly 4 minutes
- On fly-fishing: How to tie your own flies and what tools, materials you need
- Eagle Valley cross-country wins home meet
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case, saying judges erred in several rulings before and during trial
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Police in the Vail Valley try to offer help to people who are panhandling
- Rancher cries as jury exonerates her
- Brake fire closes Interstate 70 at East Vail, burns landscaping material Monday morning, Sept. 17