Celebrate summer at the Unity Races
June 21, 2014
WOLCOTT — When the day is long, race long. trail runners and mountain bikers will come together on the longest day of the year to celebrate off-road, human-powered sport. In the spirit of unity, runners and riders, for a short time (30 minutes) will share the UNITY course at 4 Eagle Ranch on Saturday.
This mountain circuit race will start in the afternoon and continue into the evening. Riders register for either a two-or four-hour mountain bike race. The four-hour riders start at 3 p.m. and two-hour riders start at 5 p.m. All mountain bike racers finish at 7 p.m. Runners in the 2-hour trail run start 6:30 p.m. and should plan to finish around 8:30 p.m. Races will be on combination dirt road and trail. Course will traverse a private ranch and include dirt road and singletrack trail. The course difficulty is moderate: rolling hills, flat stretches and natural obstacles such as sagebrush and rocks.
Don't miss this celebration of summer on a private ranch in the high country. Come solo or bring a friend and plan to enjoy all the mountain west has to offer. Racers will enjoy a post-race barbecue at the finish. This race is a low key, local event with proceeds to benefit the 4-Eagle Ranch Foundation and Eagle Firefighters Association. For more informaion, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://www.active.com to register online under "Unity Races."
On-site registration begins at 1 p.m. at the staging area off Muddy Pass Road. (Do not go to the main Four Eagle Ranch entrance).
Race Start Times
Recommended Stories For You
3 p.m. — 4-Hour Mountain Bike Circuit Race
5 p.m. — 2-Hour Mountain Bike Circuit Race
6:30 p.m. — 2-Hour Trail Run Circuit Race
Trending In: Sports
- 11 Vail Nordic skiers make Cross-County Junior Nationals in Alaska
- 1 dead after avalanche hits Swiss ski resort
- Vail local River Radamus wins junior world championships Super-G, Shiffrin offers congrats
- Vail Mountain Winter Uphill complete race results
- Pritchard: Combating loss of muscle mass after aging starts (column)
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85
- Vail Resorts shakeup: Beth Howard to replace Doug Lovell as Vail Mountain COO
- Arapahoe Basin cuts ties with Vail Resorts, unlikely to join Ikon Pass
- Skier killed in avalanche near Telluride