Celebrate Vail/Beaver Creek 2015 on Tuesday
July 16, 2010
VAIL, Colorado –While there are still approximately 1,662 days until the opening ceremonies of the 2015 World Alpine Ski Championships, it’s not too early to get the party started.
Organizers will do just that Tuesday, as the 2015 World Championships Community Celebration will be hosted in conjunction with the weekly Bud Light Hot Summer Nights free concert at the Ford Amphitheater.
“Due to the timing of the vote (June 3) and how busy everyone has been so far this summer,” said Harry Frampton, chairman of the Vail Valley Foundation board of directors, “we have not had the chance to bring the community together to celebrate the fact that we will soon begin preparations to host the world once again. We invite everyone who would like to toast to our success to come to the Ford Amphitheater on Tuesday to officially take the first step on the road to 2015.”
In addition to the free concert, featuring the Laura Reed Trio, the evening will also include free 2015 bumper stickers, 2015 food and beverage specials, face painting and tattoos for the kids and a chance to win a brand new pair of Atomic skis.
Vail/Beaver Creek won the right to host the 2015 World Championships on the first ballot at the FIS Congress in Antalya, Turkey, defeating Cortina, Italy, and St. Moritz, Switzerland, in the process.
“It was a long and arduous road,” said Frampton, “but to hear (FIS President) Gian-Franco Kasper say the words ‘Vail/Beaver Creek’ made it all worth it. We waged the campaign for everyone in our community and now, it’s time to celebrate with those same people.”
Recommended Stories For You
The gates of the Ford Amphitheater will open at 5:30 p.m. in anticipation of the free concert, which is at 6:30 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect