Colorado Avalanche Mile High Mites program coming to Eagle Ice Rink
August 31, 2018
EAGLE — Western Eagle County Metropolitan Recreation District is partnering with the Colorado Avalanche to bring the Mile High Mites Learn to Play Hockey program to the ice rink in Eagle.
The program is designed to introduce kids to hockey and helps counter the cost of equipment. For $190, kids get a full set of ice hockey gear and six practices, some of with will include Avalanche alumni.
Registration must be done by Thursday, Sept. 13, and will be on a first come, first served basis on availability.
Registration is not done through WECMRD. To register, visit https://learnto play.nhl.com/avalanche.
Mile High Mites Includes:
One player for the Learn to Play program at the association/rink of your choice
Recommended Stories For You
Full set of CCM gear
Hockey 101 for players and parents at Pepsi Center
One on-ice session will include an Avs alumni to teach the game and educate the players, coaches and parents
The program is open to players 5-9 years of age (birth years 2009-13)
Note: 4-year-olds can be eligible but must have had their fourth birthday by May. 1, 2017, to be eligible to participate.
Colorado Avalanche equipment:
Mile High Mites jersey
Mile High Mites stick
Friday, Sept. 28, 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 30, 3 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 5, 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 7, 3 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 12, 4:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19, 4:30 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days