Devils girls hoops falls at Sierra
February 21, 2017
COLRADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball's season ended with a 63-40 loss to Sierra during the first round of the playoffs on Tuesday night.
The Devils finished the season 14-9.
"We ran into a tough opponent," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "We missed a lot of shots early and dug ourselves into a hole. We had a little foul trouble, which changed up our rotation, but Sierra played very well. They're aggressive and they did a lot of good things."
Tuesday marked the finale for Ashlee Dubeau, Kylie Martin, Taylor Hermosillo, Alexis Gallegos and Ashley Amavisca.
"It was a great pleasure to get to coach them over the last four years," Bartlett said. "I'm really going to miss their leadership and I think that the work they did will be remembered for a long time within our program."
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Freud: Beaver Creek Birds of Prey saga vaults Hirscher to win? (column)
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Watch live: Dew Tour Day 2 — women’s ski superpipe & snowboard slopestyle, team snowboard
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings