Devils girls hoops falls at Sierra
February 21, 2017
COLRADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball's season ended with a 63-40 loss to Sierra during the first round of the playoffs on Tuesday night.
The Devils finished the season 14-9.
"We ran into a tough opponent," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "We missed a lot of shots early and dug ourselves into a hole. We had a little foul trouble, which changed up our rotation, but Sierra played very well. They're aggressive and they did a lot of good things."
Tuesday marked the finale for Ashlee Dubeau, Kylie Martin, Taylor Hermosillo, Alexis Gallegos and Ashley Amavisca.
"It was a great pleasure to get to coach them over the last four years," Bartlett said. "I'm really going to miss their leadership and I think that the work they did will be remembered for a long time within our program."
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire