Devils girls hoops wins opener
December 1, 2016
COLORADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball got the honors of being the first local hoopsters to put a win on the board, thrashing Wheat Ridge, 60-33, on Thursday night during the first round of the Mitchell tourney.
"We seem to have a lot of chemistry early, so that's good coming back," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "Coming back with a couple of starter like Kylie and Regan helps."
Yes it does. Kylie Martin went off for 28 points, while Regan Bossow had 14, providing some nice inside-outside balance.
"Regan's really maturing," Bartlett said. "She's come a long way with her defensive awareness, understands passing lanes and can get her hands on the ball in transition. We're multifaceted."
Eagle Valley hits the court again down in Colorado Springs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Thursday night's winner of Pueblo Central and Mitchell.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- Richards: Simple doesn’t always mean easy (column)
- Pedal Power Winter Race Series begins Saturday, Dec. 15, with Tennessee Pass snowshoe
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today