Devils girls hoops wins opener
December 1, 2016
COLORADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball got the honors of being the first local hoopsters to put a win on the board, thrashing Wheat Ridge, 60-33, on Thursday night during the first round of the Mitchell tourney.
"We seem to have a lot of chemistry early, so that's good coming back," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "Coming back with a couple of starter like Kylie and Regan helps."
Yes it does. Kylie Martin went off for 28 points, while Regan Bossow had 14, providing some nice inside-outside balance.
"Regan's really maturing," Bartlett said. "She's come a long way with her defensive awareness, understands passing lanes and can get her hands on the ball in transition. We're multifaceted."
Eagle Valley hits the court again down in Colorado Springs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Thursday night's winner of Pueblo Central and Mitchell.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend