Devils girls hoops wins opener
December 1, 2016
COLORADO SPRINGS — Eagle Valley girls basketball got the honors of being the first local hoopsters to put a win on the board, thrashing Wheat Ridge, 60-33, on Thursday night during the first round of the Mitchell tourney.
"We seem to have a lot of chemistry early, so that's good coming back," Devils coach Sam Bartlett said. "Coming back with a couple of starter like Kylie and Regan helps."
Yes it does. Kylie Martin went off for 28 points, while Regan Bossow had 14, providing some nice inside-outside balance.
"Regan's really maturing," Bartlett said. "She's come a long way with her defensive awareness, understands passing lanes and can get her hands on the ball in transition. We're multifaceted."
Eagle Valley hits the court again down in Colorado Springs tonight at 7:30 p.m. against Thursday night's winner of Pueblo Central and Mitchell.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Battle Mountain Huskies volleyball nips Eagle Valley Devils in five for season sweep
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move