Dew Tour redesigns courses for snowboarders, freestylers
October 24, 2016
BRECKENRIDGE — The Dew Tour is reinventing itself this season, redesigning the courses and adding team competitions for the world’s top snowboarders and freestyle skiers.
The season’s first competition runs Dec. 8-11 in Breckenridge, with Olympians Danny Davis, Mark McMorris and Joss Christensen among those expected to compete.
It will add a three-person team event, with competitions on the superpipe, a slopestyle jumps course and a course for slopestyle jib, featuring rails and other small obstacles.
Chris Gunnarson is in charge of the redesign and says organizers took advice from athletes and designed the courses with “allowances for them to take their tricks and style to the next level.”
Trending In: Sports
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 15th in return to World Cup from injury, gets heckled
- Lindsey Vonn finishes 9th in Cortina as Siebenhofer wins back-to-back downhills
- Vail Mountain, Battle Mountain Alpine teams share wins at Beaver Creek
- Battle Mountain Nordic skates to win in Minturn
- Vail’s Tess Johnson makes podium in Lake Placid