Dew Tour redesigns courses for snowboarders, freestylers
October 24, 2016
BRECKENRIDGE — The Dew Tour is reinventing itself this season, redesigning the courses and adding team competitions for the world’s top snowboarders and freestyle skiers.
The season’s first competition runs Dec. 8-11 in Breckenridge, with Olympians Danny Davis, Mark McMorris and Joss Christensen among those expected to compete.
It will add a three-person team event, with competitions on the superpipe, a slopestyle jumps course and a course for slopestyle jib, featuring rails and other small obstacles.
Chris Gunnarson is in charge of the redesign and says organizers took advice from athletes and designed the courses with “allowances for them to take their tricks and style to the next level.”
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first