Dew Tour redesigns courses for snowboarders, freestylers
October 24, 2016
BRECKENRIDGE — The Dew Tour is reinventing itself this season, redesigning the courses and adding team competitions for the world’s top snowboarders and freestyle skiers.
The season’s first competition runs Dec. 8-11 in Breckenridge, with Olympians Danny Davis, Mark McMorris and Joss Christensen among those expected to compete.
It will add a three-person team event, with competitions on the superpipe, a slopestyle jumps course and a course for slopestyle jib, featuring rails and other small obstacles.
Chris Gunnarson is in charge of the redesign and says organizers took advice from athletes and designed the courses with “allowances for them to take their tricks and style to the next level.”
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Richards: Simple doesn’t always mean easy (column)
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Pedal Power Winter Race Series begins Saturday, Dec. 15, with Tennessee Pass snowshoe
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019