Eagle Valley Devils hoops falls at Coal Ridge
January 16, 2018
NEW CASTLE — It's a good thing Coal Ridge basketball's in the 3A Slope. The Titans are beating up on the 4A Slope.
Coal Ridge boys basketball, No. 8 in the 3A rating-percentage index, took down Eagle Valley, 80-69, on Tuesday, Jan.16. Earlier this season, the Titans toppled Battle Mountain and Rifle.
The Devils (4-10) trailed by as much as 20 during the third quarter, before making a run to within one point.
Jessan Loera led the Devils with 14, while Raul Rereida had 13.
"I'm very proud of our guys with how they bounced back," Devils coach Chris Walls said.
In the girls game, the Titans beat the Devils, 48-40.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle Valley's teams are at Palisade on Friday, Jan. 19.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area