Eagle Valley Devils hoops falls at Coal Ridge
January 16, 2018
NEW CASTLE — It's a good thing Coal Ridge basketball's in the 3A Slope. The Titans are beating up on the 4A Slope.
Coal Ridge boys basketball, No. 8 in the 3A rating-percentage index, took down Eagle Valley, 80-69, on Tuesday, Jan.16. Earlier this season, the Titans toppled Battle Mountain and Rifle.
The Devils (4-10) trailed by as much as 20 during the third quarter, before making a run to within one point.
Jessan Loera led the Devils with 14, while Raul Rereida had 13.
"I'm very proud of our guys with how they bounced back," Devils coach Chris Walls said.
In the girls game, the Titans beat the Devils, 48-40.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle Valley's teams are at Palisade on Friday, Jan. 19.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest