Eagle Valley Devils hoops falls at Coal Ridge
January 16, 2018
NEW CASTLE — It's a good thing Coal Ridge basketball's in the 3A Slope. The Titans are beating up on the 4A Slope.
Coal Ridge boys basketball, No. 8 in the 3A rating-percentage index, took down Eagle Valley, 80-69, on Tuesday, Jan.16. Earlier this season, the Titans toppled Battle Mountain and Rifle.
The Devils (4-10) trailed by as much as 20 during the third quarter, before making a run to within one point.
Jessan Loera led the Devils with 14, while Raul Rereida had 13.
"I'm very proud of our guys with how they bounced back," Devils coach Chris Walls said.
In the girls game, the Titans beat the Devils, 48-40.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle Valley's teams are at Palisade on Friday, Jan. 19.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships