Eagle Valley Devils hoops falls at Coal Ridge
January 16, 2018
NEW CASTLE — It's a good thing Coal Ridge basketball's in the 3A Slope. The Titans are beating up on the 4A Slope.
Coal Ridge boys basketball, No. 8 in the 3A rating-percentage index, took down Eagle Valley, 80-69, on Tuesday, Jan.16. Earlier this season, the Titans toppled Battle Mountain and Rifle.
The Devils (4-10) trailed by as much as 20 during the third quarter, before making a run to within one point.
Jessan Loera led the Devils with 14, while Raul Rereida had 13.
"I'm very proud of our guys with how they bounced back," Devils coach Chris Walls said.
In the girls game, the Titans beat the Devils, 48-40.
Recommended Stories For You
Eagle Valley's teams are at Palisade on Friday, Jan. 19.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Radamus gets his first World Cup points
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Saturday: Vail Christian, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley basketball and Huskies hockey
- Pates 5th at Dew Tour, says he wants more modified halfpipe competitions in snowboarding
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- US skiers sweep modified halfpipe competition
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife