Eagle Valley girls lacrosse avenges loss to Summit
March 21, 2018
FARMER'S KORNER — Much better.
A week after losing a 13-12 overtime heartbreaker to Summit County, Eagle Valley girls lacrosse returned the favor, knocking off the Tigers, 10-9, on Wednesday, March 21.
"It was very satisfying," Devils coach Hannah McKee said. "It's been a goal of ours since last week. We talked about coming out stronger in this game, and we did that."
The Devils led 9-6 at the half and held off the Tigers late, thanks in large part to a key save late by goalie Erin Keeney.
Autumn Ross also had a big game defensively.
Hayley Carpenter and Rivenna Olden each had hat tricks, while Sofia Rinn, Olivia Fedrizzi, Janeth Chavez and Rachel Devlin also found the net.
Recommended Stories For You
In the instance that Mountain Conference teams play each other twice, the second encounter is the league game. Ergo, the Devils are 1-0 in the Mountain and 2-1 overall.
Eagle Valley's next game is Wednesday, March 28, at Fruita Monument.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities