Eagle Valley volleyball wins at Summit County on Thursday
September 14, 2017
FARMER'S KORNER — Eagle Valley volleyball had a successful trip over the pass on Thursday, Sept. 14, with a 25-16, 25-19, 25-23 victory over Summit County.
The Devils are off to a 3-0 start in the 4A Slope.
"We had a lot of unforced errors," Devils coach Jackie Rindy said. "It was a long three sets for us, but we're played our game and finished."
Eagle Valley, 5-4 overall, has a bit of a break and is not in action until Friday, Sept. 22, at Palisade, a key Slope match.
"Palisade is always good," Rindy said. "(Palisade coach) Wendy MacAskil always does a great job of putting good players in good positions. We have a whole week to prepare."
Recommended Stories For You
Demons soccer too much for Devils
In a game delayed by lightning, the Glenwood Spring soccer team came away with a 4-0 win over Eagle Valley at Gypsum on Thursday, Sept. 14.
Eagle Valley (2-4) hosts Montrose on Saturday, Sept. 16, at 11 a.m.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Tuesday, Oct. 16: Battle Mountain volleyball; Vail Mountain soccer and volleyball
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail