Eagle Valley volleyball wins at Summit County on Thursday
September 14, 2017
FARMER'S KORNER — Eagle Valley volleyball had a successful trip over the pass on Thursday, Sept. 14, with a 25-16, 25-19, 25-23 victory over Summit County.
The Devils are off to a 3-0 start in the 4A Slope.
"We had a lot of unforced errors," Devils coach Jackie Rindy said. "It was a long three sets for us, but we're played our game and finished."
Eagle Valley, 5-4 overall, has a bit of a break and is not in action until Friday, Sept. 22, at Palisade, a key Slope match.
"Palisade is always good," Rindy said. "(Palisade coach) Wendy MacAskil always does a great job of putting good players in good positions. We have a whole week to prepare."
Recommended Stories For You
Demons soccer too much for Devils
In a game delayed by lightning, the Glenwood Spring soccer team came away with a 4-0 win over Eagle Valley at Gypsum on Thursday, Sept. 14.
Eagle Valley (2-4) hosts Montrose on Saturday, Sept. 16, at 11 a.m.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Radamus gets his first World Cup points
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Saturday: Vail Christian, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley basketball and Huskies hockey
- Pates 5th at Dew Tour, says he wants more modified halfpipe competitions in snowboarding
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- US skiers sweep modified halfpipe competition
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife