Friday night’s basketball wrap
February 10, 2017
Vail Christian basketball dropped a pair of tight nonconference games to 3A Cedaredge on Friday night.
The ladies bowed to the Bruins, 34-30, while the gents dropped a 66-60 decision.
A reminder, the 2A Saints have done themselves no favors with regard to their respective win-loss records by playing bigger schools in nonconference play. However, this seems to be paying off when it comes to the 2A Slope.
Jesse Raitt led the Saints in the lidlifter with 15 points. Marti Schmidt and Kass Baker added points, but were conspicuous with their defense. The Vail Christian girls are 7-8 on the season.
The boys (7-9) nearly managed to overcome a 21-0 run by the Bruins during the second and third quarters. Bryan Trujillo had 21 points, while Sebastian Moritz scored "only" 18. On a serious note, Joseph Emmer had a breakout performance with 17.
Both Saints teams are at Caprock Academy on Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
In other action on Friday night, Battle Mountain's teams fell to Glenwood Springs. The Demons beat the Huskies girls, 55-42, while the boys fell, 69-53.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed