Huskies spikers taste victory against Demons in Glenwood
October 6, 2016
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Payback seemed to be the theme of the evening for Battle Mountain.
While the soccer team was avenging a loss to Eagle Valley, the volleyball team gave Glenwood Springs its comeuppance, 23-25, 25-17, 25-18, 25-23, on Thursday.
After losing to the Demons in five at home last week, this one was sweet. This is a part of a very busy week for Huskies volleyball (6-4 overall and 5-3 in the Slope.)
"We're just looking to deal with one match at a time," Huskies coach Jason Fitzgerald said. "This is a huge week. That's two matches down, five to go. We're working on keeping our composure and keeping fresh mentally and physically."
That's because the Huskies host their tournament today, starting at 9 a.m. with a tilt against Vail Christian.
In the meantime, Fitzgerald said the Huskies got a "strong senior effort" from Timaree Mckennym as well as good performances off the bench from Ariel Webb and Haley Frischholz.
Recommended Stories For You
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Richards: Simple doesn’t always mean easy (column)
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)