Huskies sweep Delta
September 13, 2008
DELTA ” The way Battle Mountain volleyball saw it, the Huskies could make a long day even longer or just get it over with.
They chose the latter.
After a long bus ride, Battle Mountain made short work of Delta, sweeping the Panthers, 25-22, 25-17, 25-16.
“It’s a long trip, knowing that you’re going to have a short match,” Huskies coach Brian Doyon said. “It was matter of playing our game. It would be a quick day or a long, bad day. The girls went in there focused and relaxed. Delta had some runs, but our girls stayed in system and took care of it.”
Anna Padget-Shields put down 12 kills, while Sam Miletich and Hannah Ellison logged six each. Kelsey Plath and Cara Murbach led the team in digs with 14 and 11, respectively. Erin Barker kept everyone moving with 25 assists.
Battle Mountain (4-1, 2-0) also avoided the trap of looking ahead to Tuesday when the Huskies host Eagle Valley at 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
“I think that’s part of it,” Doyon said. “It’s good to get this under our belt, so that Monday we can get ready for Eagle. It’s going to be a tough game. Everyone’s going to be energized.”
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 748-2934 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect