Huskies sweep Delta
September 13, 2008
DELTA ” The way Battle Mountain volleyball saw it, the Huskies could make a long day even longer or just get it over with.
They chose the latter.
After a long bus ride, Battle Mountain made short work of Delta, sweeping the Panthers, 25-22, 25-17, 25-16.
“It’s a long trip, knowing that you’re going to have a short match,” Huskies coach Brian Doyon said. “It was matter of playing our game. It would be a quick day or a long, bad day. The girls went in there focused and relaxed. Delta had some runs, but our girls stayed in system and took care of it.”
Anna Padget-Shields put down 12 kills, while Sam Miletich and Hannah Ellison logged six each. Kelsey Plath and Cara Murbach led the team in digs with 14 and 11, respectively. Erin Barker kept everyone moving with 25 assists.
Battle Mountain (4-1, 2-0) also avoided the trap of looking ahead to Tuesday when the Huskies host Eagle Valley at 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
“I think that’s part of it,” Doyon said. “It’s good to get this under our belt, so that Monday we can get ready for Eagle. It’s going to be a tough game. Everyone’s going to be energized.”
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 748-2934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes