Late preps: Devils volleyball wins
September 21, 2012
FARMER’S KORNER – “The coaches always call quickly after a win,” Eagle Valley volleyball coach Shawn Weatherred said Thursday night.
And Weatherred had good news to report. The Devils got their first win of the season Thursday at Summit County, 25-20, 25-23, 17-25, 25-16.
After a tough 0-3 start within the 4A Slope – Eagle Valley had no nonconference games beforehand – the Devils are on the board.
“We just focused on what we could do on our side of the net,” Weatherred said. “I’m not going to say we’re at 100 percent. But we’re finding out where we are.”
Eagle Valley hosts Montrose tonight at 5:30 p.m., and then heads to Battle Mountain Saturday at 1 p.m.
Huskies fall at Glenwood
Recommended Stories For You
GLENWOOD SPRINGS – That was close.
Battle Mountain volleyball fell in five games at Glenwood Springs. 27-25, 25-27, 27-25, 25-18, 15-12, Thursday night.
“(Glenwood) played a great match in their gym,” Huskies coach Jason Fitzgerald said. “Their fans were in it with them, and we didn’t handle the pressure as well as we could. We’ll regroup and then we’ve got one day until Eagle Valley.”
Battle Mountain is 4-2 overall and 1-1 in the Slope.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack