Late preps: Devils volleyball wins
September 21, 2012
FARMER’S KORNER – “The coaches always call quickly after a win,” Eagle Valley volleyball coach Shawn Weatherred said Thursday night.
And Weatherred had good news to report. The Devils got their first win of the season Thursday at Summit County, 25-20, 25-23, 17-25, 25-16.
After a tough 0-3 start within the 4A Slope – Eagle Valley had no nonconference games beforehand – the Devils are on the board.
“We just focused on what we could do on our side of the net,” Weatherred said. “I’m not going to say we’re at 100 percent. But we’re finding out where we are.”
Eagle Valley hosts Montrose tonight at 5:30 p.m., and then heads to Battle Mountain Saturday at 1 p.m.
Huskies fall at Glenwood
Recommended Stories For You
GLENWOOD SPRINGS – That was close.
Battle Mountain volleyball fell in five games at Glenwood Springs. 27-25, 25-27, 27-25, 25-18, 15-12, Thursday night.
“(Glenwood) played a great match in their gym,” Huskies coach Jason Fitzgerald said. “Their fans were in it with them, and we didn’t handle the pressure as well as we could. We’ll regroup and then we’ve got one day until Eagle Valley.”
Battle Mountain is 4-2 overall and 1-1 in the Slope.
Trending In: Sports
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes