Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club season begins
September 13, 2017
VAIL — The Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club, providing youth hockey opportunities for all ability levels in the Eagle County area for both boys and girls, is starting its 42nd season.
Teams include both competitive travel teams and recreational in-house programs for youth ages 8-15.
VMHC will be starting this season with a new director at the helm, Zach Blom.
Blom comes to the Vail Valley after coaching and directing full-time for the past nine seasons with the Colorado Thunderbirds, most recently as director of development. During his tenure with the T-Birds, he also served as director of skill development at Littleton Hockey for four years, as well as assistant coaching Regis Jesuit High School.
Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club's new season registration is open. Early season practices are being offered currently and team evaluations and placements begin soon. Teams participate in the Continental Divide Youth Hockey League competing against other mountain resort and Western Slope teams during the season. VMHC hosts two local tournaments in Vail and Eagle during the season.
If you would like to learn more about the Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club, to sign up your child for the program, or to become of a sponsor of the Club, then please visit http://www.vailmountaineers.com or call the Club at 970-387-VMHC (8642).
Recommended Stories For You
Huskies football live on High Five
The Battle Mountain Huskies football takes on the Coal Ridge Titans live on High Five Access Media on Friday at 7 p.m.
All Battle Mountain varsity home football games are televised live, on cable Channel 5 or your smartphone, tablet or computer on Live on Five at http://www.highfive media.org/live.
Mark your calendars for games on the following dates:
• Friday, 7 p.m. vs. Coal Ridge
• Sept. 29, 7 p.m. vs. Green Mountain
• Oct. 6, 7 p.m. vs. Rifle
• Oct. 20, 7 p.m. vs Palisade
• Oct. 27, 7 p.m. vs. Eagle Valley
Games subsequently will be replayed on cable and available online, on demand. Viewers can find a schedule and video at http://www.highfivemedia.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack