On the Hill: Getting icy at the Beav’
February 28, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Tail at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 1 inch in last 48 hours and 2″ in last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny and warm
Liftline status: Not too bad
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The mountain is in need of some fresh snow. It’s getting icy and tough on parts of the mountain, including Grouse.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through the weekend, with 2-4 inches of accumulation expected for Thursday night and 1-3 for Friday night.
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Tuesday, Oct. 16: Battle Mountain volleyball; Vail Mountain soccer and volleyball
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort