On the Hill: Getting icy at the Beav’
February 28, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Red Tail at Beaver Creek.
Beaver Creek official report: 0 inches overnight, 1 inch in last 48 hours and 2″ in last week.
Weather: Mostly sunny and warm
Liftline status: Not too bad
Recommended Stories For You
Breakdown: The mountain is in need of some fresh snow. It’s getting icy and tough on parts of the mountain, including Grouse.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through the weekend, with 2-4 inches of accumulation expected for Thursday night and 1-3 for Friday night.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season