On the Hill: Nice groomers at Beaver Creek
December 24, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Larkspur at Beaver Creek Resort.
Beaver Creek official report: 0″ new snow, 1″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Cloudy and cold, with groomers to be had in the morning.
Weather: Mostly cloudy
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: The holiday crowd has arrived. Lines aren’t too bad on the mountain, but there are definitely more people at Beaver Creek this week.
Run of the day: Gunders, at Bachelor Gulch, was groomed
Breakdown: There is a solid base at Beaver Creek before Christmas. No new snow since Friday, but plenty of groomed runs.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 40 percent chance of snow Monday night, mainly into early Tuesday morning. It is also reporting a 50 percent chance of snow Tuesday with a high of 28 degrees.
Trending In: Sports
- Freud: Beaver Creek Birds of Prey saga vaults Hirscher to win? (column)
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- Watch live: Dew Tour Day 2 — women’s ski superpipe & snowboard slopestyle, team snowboard
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings