Rifle Bears tops Eagle Valley Devils softball
September 27, 2017
RIFLE — Eagle Valley softball lost a tough one at Rifle, 19-12, on Wednesday, Sept. 27.
The Devils (6-8 overall and 1-3 in the 4A Slope) trailed 12-2 at one point, but rallied to make it 12-10.
"The girls fought back really, really well," Devils manager Jason Buvala said. "I'm really proud of them."
Regan Bossow and Carissa Cassidy were among the Devils with big hits against the Bears.
Eagle Valley hosts Palisade on Friday, Sept. 29. The Devils and Bulldogs will complete a suspended game from last weekend and play the originally scheduled game, starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Gypsum Sports Complex.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- Freud: Huskies and Saints renew basketball rivalry and other preps roundups (column)
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019