Rifle Bears tops Eagle Valley Devils softball
September 27, 2017
RIFLE — Eagle Valley softball lost a tough one at Rifle, 19-12, on Wednesday, Sept. 27.
The Devils (6-8 overall and 1-3 in the 4A Slope) trailed 12-2 at one point, but rallied to make it 12-10.
"The girls fought back really, really well," Devils manager Jason Buvala said. "I'm really proud of them."
Regan Bossow and Carissa Cassidy were among the Devils with big hits against the Bears.
Eagle Valley hosts Palisade on Friday, Sept. 29. The Devils and Bulldogs will complete a suspended game from last weekend and play the originally scheduled game, starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Gypsum Sports Complex.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first