Rockies demote Nelson, make room for Rogers
August 8, 2010
PITTSBURGH – The Colorado Rockies optioned infielder Chris Nelson to Triple-A Colorado Springs on Sunday, clearing roster space for right-hander Esmil Rogers to be recalled to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Nelson was added to the roster Thursday when Colorado placed starter Aaron Cook on the disabled list, but he did not appear in the first three games of the series against the Pirates.
Nelson, the team’s first-round draft pick in 2004, is 2 for 5 with two runs scored in four major league games, all coming during June.
Rogers was 1-2 with a 4.85 ERA in 13 games, including two starts, in three previous stints with the Rockies this season.
Trending In: Sports
- Actress Rebel Wilson medically rescued from Aspen slopes citing the ‘vibe’
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow facing lawsuit after Utah skiing accident
- El Chapo likely off to ‘Alcatraz of the Rockies’ in Colorado
- Vail Valley hotels take five of top 10 spots on list of best hotels in Colorado