Rockies demote Nelson, make room for Rogers
August 8, 2010
PITTSBURGH – The Colorado Rockies optioned infielder Chris Nelson to Triple-A Colorado Springs on Sunday, clearing roster space for right-hander Esmil Rogers to be recalled to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Nelson was added to the roster Thursday when Colorado placed starter Aaron Cook on the disabled list, but he did not appear in the first three games of the series against the Pirates.
Nelson, the team’s first-round draft pick in 2004, is 2 for 5 with two runs scored in four major league games, all coming during June.
Rogers was 1-2 with a 4.85 ERA in 13 games, including two starts, in three previous stints with the Rockies this season.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Battle Mountain Huskies volleyball nips Eagle Valley Devils in five for season sweep
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job