Saints bow to Hotchkiss, 35-12
September 23, 2016
HOTCHKISS — The good news for Vail Christian football is that the Saints competed in 35-12 loss at Hotchkiss on Friday night.
The Saints led 12-0 and were down 21-12 at the half.
The bad news is that the injuries just continue for Vail Christian (1-3).
The Saints started things well when Kellen Kinsella returned the opening kickoff 70 yards for a score. Tom Engleby also fired a 30-yard strike to Kinsella for another score.
But as been the case with a lot of the starters, Engleby went down with a shoulder injury. Freshman Joey Beveridge went the rest of the way for Vail Christian.
The Saints return home to start Foothills Conference play when they host Bennett next week at Battle Mountain.
Recommended Stories For You
Devils fall to Cougars
Eagle Valley football lost a defensive duel at Evergreen, 10-0, on Friday night.
The Devils (1-3) conclude nonconference play with Northridge next week for Homecoming.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Battle Mountain Huskies volleyball nips Eagle Valley Devils in five for season sweep
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job