Saints bow to Hotchkiss, 35-12
September 23, 2016
HOTCHKISS — The good news for Vail Christian football is that the Saints competed in 35-12 loss at Hotchkiss on Friday night.
The Saints led 12-0 and were down 21-12 at the half.
The bad news is that the injuries just continue for Vail Christian (1-3).
The Saints started things well when Kellen Kinsella returned the opening kickoff 70 yards for a score. Tom Engleby also fired a 30-yard strike to Kinsella for another score.
But as been the case with a lot of the starters, Engleby went down with a shoulder injury. Freshman Joey Beveridge went the rest of the way for Vail Christian.
The Saints return home to start Foothills Conference play when they host Bennett next week at Battle Mountain.
Recommended Stories For You
Devils fall to Cougars
Eagle Valley football lost a defensive duel at Evergreen, 10-0, on Friday night.
The Devils (1-3) conclude nonconference play with Northridge next week for Homecoming.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Freud: Beaver Creek Birds of Prey saga vaults Hirscher to win? (column)
- Nothing finer: Battle Mountain cross-country’s Hardings head to North Carolina
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Saturday: Vail Christian, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley basketball and Huskies hockey
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip