Saints, Huskies volleyball pick up wins on Saturday
September 10, 2016
EDWARDS — Vail Christian volleyball bounced back in fine fashion on Saturday, recovering from a three-set loss on Friday at West Grand to sweep Caprock Academy, 25-19, 25-13, 25-8, at the Wheeler Athletic Center in Edwards.
Back-to-back games are a part of life in the 2A Slope, and the young Saints did nice job of putting West Grand in the rear-view mirror.
"I think they did really well," Saints coach Sara Carlton said. "We had a slow start and had to start playing our game. He had some great plays and some good digs and came out a lot strong in the seconds and third sets."
Marti Schmidt and Ciara Heiden led the attack, while Clara Cappel anchored the defense at libero.
Vail Christian (2-2 overall and 2-1 in the Slope) hosts Soroco at 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
Huskies sweep Rifle
Recommended Stories For You
RIFLE — And Battle Mountain volleyball broke into the win column on Saturday, sweeping Rifle, 25-10, 25-15, 25-12.
"Tonight was an opportunity for us to try to cut down on our unforced errors," Huskies coach Jason Fitzgerald said. "That was a nice feeling for us. Rifle played well, but our serve was much more on point."
Battle Mountain (1-2 overall and 1-1 in the 4A Slope) hosts Eagle Valley on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through President’s Day weekend
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’