Shanahan says Marshall decision might be a few days
August 4, 2008
DENVER, Colorado ” Broncos coach Mike Shanahan did not confirm reports that wide receiver Brandon Marshall has been issued a suspension by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Shanahan said a decision could take a few more days.
A report on NBC during the Hall of Fame game telecast indicated Marshall will receive a three-game suspension. NFL Network reported the suspension could be reduced to two games if Marshall undergoes counseling.
NFL officials, meanwhile, said only that the league will issue no ruling Monday.
“It’s the same thing I told you a week ago Wednesday: I’m not sure,” Shanahan said after Monday’s morning practice session. “When I know, I’ll let you guys know. If I made comments every time I heard I rumor, I’d be talking to you every day. I’d have to answer every question that you ask me. Let’s deal with reality. When we know something we’ll let (the media) know.”
Marshall has not spoken with reporters during training camp, and he exited the practice field without speaking on Monday.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail ski racers qualify for world’s top event for kids ages 14-15
- Complete Vail Cup race results from Jan. 13 event
- Mikaela Shiffrin doesn’t win, and the world keeps spinning (column)
- Freeing the heel: Bishop telemark company expands with skis, gear and intense love for ‘free-heeling’
- Vail Christian proves it belongs by beating Meeker