Town Talk for September 14
September 13, 2012
Tell us what’s going on around town.
Submissions must be received by noon prior to the day of desired publication. We cannot guarantee all submissions will be published. To guarantee placement, contact our paid ad department.
Thanks for all the photo submissions. We really appreciate them, and we want you to have your photos back! Please pick up your photos at the front office of the Daily within 30 days. Photos not picked up by then will be filed in the infamous File 13, never to be seen again.
Vail Oktoberfest returns today in Vail Village! Get out your lederhosen and dust off your dirndls – it’s time for the world’s biggest party. Don’t miss the Bavarian Costume Contest! Get full event details online at http://www.vail-oktoberfest.com
Recommended Stories For You
Come out to Gypsum Creek on Saturday morning and maybe this guy will show you where to go! Eagle Valley Cross Country is hosting its second annual Devil’s Dash 5K – a 5-kilometer run on the beautiful green grass of a golf course! The kids races start at 8:15 a.m., and at 8:45 a.m. the citizens race takes off. Register at-http://www.runnercard.com/e/runner.main?meet=4287 through today at 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season