Town Talk for September 14
September 13, 2012
Tell us what’s going on around town.
Submissions must be received by noon prior to the day of desired publication. We cannot guarantee all submissions will be published. To guarantee placement, contact our paid ad department.
Thanks for all the photo submissions. We really appreciate them, and we want you to have your photos back! Please pick up your photos at the front office of the Daily within 30 days. Photos not picked up by then will be filed in the infamous File 13, never to be seen again.
Vail Oktoberfest returns today in Vail Village! Get out your lederhosen and dust off your dirndls – it’s time for the world’s biggest party. Don’t miss the Bavarian Costume Contest! Get full event details online at http://www.vail-oktoberfest.com
Recommended Stories For You
Come out to Gypsum Creek on Saturday morning and maybe this guy will show you where to go! Eagle Valley Cross Country is hosting its second annual Devil’s Dash 5K – a 5-kilometer run on the beautiful green grass of a golf course! The kids races start at 8:15 a.m., and at 8:45 a.m. the citizens race takes off. Register at-http://www.runnercard.com/e/runner.main?meet=4287 through today at 5 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon