Tuesday’s preps wrap: VMS and Huskies hoops
January 17, 2017
EAST VAIL — Vail Mountain School basketball's winning streak reached three with a 64-28 victory over Soroco on Monday night before the 2A Gore Rangers lost a close one to 4A Summit County on Tuesday.
While losing isn't fun, VMS is 3-1 in the 2A Slope with a win over the Rams. Against Soroco, the Gore Rangers led 23-2 after the first quarter. Griffin O'Connell led VMS with 14 points. Finn Connolly and Peter Tice each had nine.
VMS is at West Grand on Friday.
Rams beat Huskies
CARBONDALE — Let "Ankle Watch 2017" begin.
Battle Mountain's Devin Huffman rolled his ankle in practice on Monday. He was unable to go on Tuesday night, as well as Miles Joersz (flu) and the Huskies fell to Roaring Fork, 57-43, on Tuesday night in Carbondale.
Recommended Stories For You
Luis Mendoza did have a big night for the Huskies (5-8) with 16 points and David Caballero had 11 points.
Battle Mountain is at the Denver School of Science and Technology on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Hess: Week 7 of college football was wild (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident