Tuesday’s preps wrap: VMS and Huskies hoops
January 17, 2017
EAST VAIL — Vail Mountain School basketball's winning streak reached three with a 64-28 victory over Soroco on Monday night before the 2A Gore Rangers lost a close one to 4A Summit County on Tuesday.
While losing isn't fun, VMS is 3-1 in the 2A Slope with a win over the Rams. Against Soroco, the Gore Rangers led 23-2 after the first quarter. Griffin O'Connell led VMS with 14 points. Finn Connolly and Peter Tice each had nine.
VMS is at West Grand on Friday.
Rams beat Huskies
CARBONDALE — Let "Ankle Watch 2017" begin.
Battle Mountain's Devin Huffman rolled his ankle in practice on Monday. He was unable to go on Tuesday night, as well as Miles Joersz (flu) and the Huskies fell to Roaring Fork, 57-43, on Tuesday night in Carbondale.
Recommended Stories For You
Luis Mendoza did have a big night for the Huskies (5-8) with 16 points and David Caballero had 11 points.
Battle Mountain is at the Denver School of Science and Technology on Saturday.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Radamus gets his first World Cup points
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Saturday: Vail Christian, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley basketball and Huskies hockey
- Pates 5th at Dew Tour, says he wants more modified halfpipe competitions in snowboarding
- US skiers sweep modified halfpipe competition
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife