Vail Christian to host hoops camp
June 5, 2013
EDWARDS — The fourth annual Vail Christian High School Clinic of Champions basketball camp is Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon each day for boys and girls who have completed grades second through eighth at the school's campus in Edwards.
The camp administrator is Doug Bruce, a former head coach in the Kansas City (Mo.) area and he's also a boys varsity assistant and girls head coach at Vail Christian. Bruce's resume includes a 25-year career coaching with 408 wins, nine trips to state tournaments, two state championships and four state second-place finishes.
The camp director is Sheldon Kuhns, the head coach of the Vail Christian boys team. Having just completed his 13th season, coach Kuhns has more than 100 career wins and recently led the Saints to a third-place finish at the state tournament.
Daily activities will include individual drills and instruction in offensive and defensive fundamentals, as well as passing, dribbling, rebounding, shooting, 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 drills.
Each camper will play at least two full-court games each day and have tabulation of individual statistics, individual and team awards in each session.
The cost is $100 and includes camp T-shirt, insurance coverage and use of clinic equipment and facilities.
Recommended Stories For You
Campers must bring a physician's statement of health or a parent's release form and basketball shoes, socks and shorts. Be dressed and ready to play at 9 a.m. each day.
To register or for more information, call Bruce at 719-207-6695.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Vail Valley weekend preps wrap: No kidding, everybody wins
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain football squeaks by Steamboat Springs, 35-32
- Hess: Week 7 of college football was wild (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer keeps rolling, blanks Devils, 8-0
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move