Vail Mountain School gets two road volleyball victories
October 14, 2017
COLBRAN — Vail Mountain School volleyball rolled to two conference road wins this weekend, beating DeBeque, 25-16, 25-17, 25-20, on Friday, Oct. 13, and then taking down Plateau Valley, 25-22, 25-18, 24-26, 25-14, on Saturday, Oct. 14.
VMS is an impressive 13-4 overall and 7-3 in the 2A Slope. The Gore Rangers cap league play with a huge game against Paonia on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Meanwhile, the soccer team struggled with losses to the Colorado Rocky Mountain School, 1-0, on Thursday, Oct. 12, followed by a 3-2 defeat at Delta on Friday.
The VMS XI hosts Basalt on Tuesday, Oct. 17.
Saint football loses
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Christian football suffered another tough loss on Friday, Oct. 13, at Clear Creek, 42-8.
The Saints (1-6) host Front Range Christian on Saturday, Oct. 21 at Battle Mountain High School.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships