Vail Mountain School gets two road volleyball victories
October 14, 2017
COLBRAN — Vail Mountain School volleyball rolled to two conference road wins this weekend, beating DeBeque, 25-16, 25-17, 25-20, on Friday, Oct. 13, and then taking down Plateau Valley, 25-22, 25-18, 24-26, 25-14, on Saturday, Oct. 14.
VMS is an impressive 13-4 overall and 7-3 in the 2A Slope. The Gore Rangers cap league play with a huge game against Paonia on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Meanwhile, the soccer team struggled with losses to the Colorado Rocky Mountain School, 1-0, on Thursday, Oct. 12, followed by a 3-2 defeat at Delta on Friday.
The VMS XI hosts Basalt on Tuesday, Oct. 17.
Saint football loses
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Christian football suffered another tough loss on Friday, Oct. 13, at Clear Creek, 42-8.
The Saints (1-6) host Front Range Christian on Saturday, Oct. 21 at Battle Mountain High School.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates