Vail resident Senna Leith rides to team win at Junior Worlds
February 19, 2017
Vail resident Senna Leith (center, bib 107) helped lead U.S. Snowboarding to a first-ever win in the team event at the FIS-Snowboard Junior World Championships in Klinovec, Czech Republic, on Sunday. Leith is pictured here on the podium with teammate Jake Vedder, bib 7. It will be the last Junior World Championships appearance for Leith, who is 19 years old.
"To take a win at my final Junior World Championships event is pretty magical," he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Richards: Simple doesn’t always mean easy (column)
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Some Vail Valley residents felt small earthquakes that hit Glenwood Springs