Vail resident Senna Leith rides to team win at Junior Worlds
February 19, 2017
Vail resident Senna Leith (center, bib 107) helped lead U.S. Snowboarding to a first-ever win in the team event at the FIS-Snowboard Junior World Championships in Klinovec, Czech Republic, on Sunday. Leith is pictured here on the podium with teammate Jake Vedder, bib 7. It will be the last Junior World Championships appearance for Leith, who is 19 years old.
"To take a win at my final Junior World Championships event is pretty magical," he said.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first