Vail Valley preps wrap: Battle Mountain Huskies soccer and Eagle Valley Devils volleyball
October 10, 2017
RIFLE — Battle Mountain soccer avoided the trap game, defeating Rifle, 7-0, on Tuesday, Oct. 10.
Freshmen And Lopez and Luis Castillo had their first varsity goals, while some of the more usual suspects hit the score sheet as well. Juan Macias had two as did Blake Moller, Jorge Membreno also scored.
Battle Mountain (10-2 overall and 9-0 in the Slope) hosts Glenwood Springs on Thursday, Oct, 12. That is Senior Night for the Huskies. Battle Mountain wraps the regular season with road games at Palisade and Steamboat Springs next week.
Devils take first league loss
Eagle Valley volleyball suffered its first league loss, dropping a 27-25, 26-24, 25-20 decision to the Demons on Tuesday, Oct. 10, in Glenwood Springs.
Recommended Stories For You
The race in the 4A Slope is officially tight with this result. The Devils still lead the league with a 7-1 record. Palisade is 7-1 with the Bulldogs' only loss coming at the hands of the Devils last month. Glenwood moved to 7-2.
Eagle Valley hosts Palisade in a game with league-title implications on Thursday, Oct. 12.
"I think the only team that can beat us is us, and we did a good job of that tonight," Eagle Valley coach Jackie Rindy said. "We have to figure that out."
Eagle Valley soccer postponed
Eagle Valley soccer's game with Steamboat Springs on Monday, Oct. 9, in Gypsum was snowed out.
The reschedule is Wednesday, Oct. 11, at John Raumunno Field at 6 p.m.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.B
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first