Vail Valley preps wrap: Vail Christian football and Eagle Valley softball
October 7, 2017
EDWARDS — Bennett football proved worthy of its status as the best team in Class 1A, defeating Vail Christian, 52-8, on Saturday, Oct. 7, in Edwards.
The visiting Tigers entered Saturday's game as No. 1 in both the rating-percentage index and the chssanow.com poll.
The Saints (1-5) did get on the board with a Tom Engleby pass to Joseph Emmer during the second quarter.
"We did some things well," Saints coach Tim Pierson said. "We are disappointed with the loss because we felt we had our opportunities. We had a really great week of practice, but still had mental errors. Bu we got better this week. The kids came out and competed."
The Saints are at Clear Creek on Friday, Oct. 13.
Recommended Stories For You
Softball falls to Bulldogs
Palisade softball defeated Eagle Valley, 9-4, in the regular-season finale for both teams on Saturday, Oct. 7.
Eagle Valley finishes the season at 8-10 and will likely not make the postseason. The Devils were No. 34 in the RPI entering Saturday's game and 32 squads make the playoffs in Class 4A softball.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- U.S. teen sensation Chloe Kim, Australian star Scotty James win at Copper Mountain Grand Prix halfpipe
- Vail skier Tess Johnson starts season with a career-first World Cup podium in single moguls
- Taylor Seaton 5th at Grand Prix halfpipe ski competition in Copper
- Freud: Huskies and Saints renew basketball rivalry and other preps roundups (column)
- Jack Coyne makes first World Cup appearance at snowboarding Grand Prix in Copper
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019