Vail Valley preps wrap: Vail Christian football and Eagle Valley softball
October 7, 2017
EDWARDS — Bennett football proved worthy of its status as the best team in Class 1A, defeating Vail Christian, 52-8, on Saturday, Oct. 7, in Edwards.
The visiting Tigers entered Saturday's game as No. 1 in both the rating-percentage index and the chssanow.com poll.
The Saints (1-5) did get on the board with a Tom Engleby pass to Joseph Emmer during the second quarter.
"We did some things well," Saints coach Tim Pierson said. "We are disappointed with the loss because we felt we had our opportunities. We had a really great week of practice, but still had mental errors. Bu we got better this week. The kids came out and competed."
The Saints are at Clear Creek on Friday, Oct. 13.
Recommended Stories For You
Softball falls to Bulldogs
Palisade softball defeated Eagle Valley, 9-4, in the regular-season finale for both teams on Saturday, Oct. 7.
Eagle Valley finishes the season at 8-10 and will likely not make the postseason. The Devils were No. 34 in the RPI entering Saturday's game and 32 squads make the playoffs in Class 4A softball.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Christian football outlasts Plateau Valley, 48-39
- Hess: Boilermakers shock the world against Buckeyes (column)
- Vail Valley preps: Glenwood races past Battle Mountain, 48-3
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps: Battle Mountain soccer finishes regular season with win vs. Sailors
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first