Vail Valley volleyball wrap: Eagle Valley, Battle Mountain and Vail Mountain School
October 28, 2017
EVERGREEN — Eagle Valley volleyball split at round-robin in Evergreen on Saturday, Oct. 28.
The Devils beat The Classical Academy, 25-12, 22-25, 25-15, 25-20, before falling to Evergreen, 25-9, 25-10, 25-16.
The Devils finish the regular season at 15-7, and are definitely in the postseason. They will receive their regional draw on chsaanow.com.
Huskies struggle at Coal Ridge
NEW CASTLE — Battle Mountain volleyball had a rough weekend at the Coal Ridge Invitational, going 0-4.
The Huskies fell to Alamosa, 25-23, 20-25, 15-8, and Palisade, 25-21, 25-15, on Friday, Oct. 27. Saturday, Oct. 28, saw losses to Delta, 25-9, 18-25, 15-10, and Pagosa Springs, 25-15, 25-21, 22-25, 25-14.
Recommended Stories For You
Battle Mountain fell to 9-14 and could be on the rating-percentage index bubble in 34th place with 36 squads making regionals.
Paonia ends VMS' season
PARACHUTE — Timing is everything in life, and Vail Mountain School volleyball learned that lesson the hard way.
The Gore Rangers beat Paonia to finish the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 21. That qualified VMS for Pool C of the 2A District 5 Tournament this weekend.
The Gore Rangers knocked off Plateau Valley, 25-20, 25-15, 25-19, but lost to Paonia, 26-24, 25-22, 25-23. The loss to Paonia this weekend knocked VMS out of the tournament in disappointing fashion.
VMS, nonetheless, had a great season with a 15-6 record.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, email@example.com and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Radamus gets his first World Cup points
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Saturday: Vail Christian, Battle Mountain, Eagle Valley basketball and Huskies hockey
- Pates 5th at Dew Tour, says he wants more modified halfpipe competitions in snowboarding
- Jake Pates, of Eagle, wins Dew Tour halfpipe competition
- US skiers sweep modified halfpipe competition
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife