Vail Valley volleyball wrap: Eagle Valley, Battle Mountain and Vail Mountain School
October 28, 2017
EVERGREEN — Eagle Valley volleyball split at round-robin in Evergreen on Saturday, Oct. 28.
The Devils beat The Classical Academy, 25-12, 22-25, 25-15, 25-20, before falling to Evergreen, 25-9, 25-10, 25-16.
The Devils finish the regular season at 15-7, and are definitely in the postseason. They will receive their regional draw on chsaanow.com.
Huskies struggle at Coal Ridge
NEW CASTLE — Battle Mountain volleyball had a rough weekend at the Coal Ridge Invitational, going 0-4.
The Huskies fell to Alamosa, 25-23, 20-25, 15-8, and Palisade, 25-21, 25-15, on Friday, Oct. 27. Saturday, Oct. 28, saw losses to Delta, 25-9, 18-25, 15-10, and Pagosa Springs, 25-15, 25-21, 22-25, 25-14.
Recommended Stories For You
Battle Mountain fell to 9-14 and could be on the rating-percentage index bubble in 34th place with 36 squads making regionals.
Paonia ends VMS' season
PARACHUTE — Timing is everything in life, and Vail Mountain School volleyball learned that lesson the hard way.
The Gore Rangers beat Paonia to finish the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 21. That qualified VMS for Pool C of the 2A District 5 Tournament this weekend.
The Gore Rangers knocked off Plateau Valley, 25-20, 25-15, 25-19, but lost to Paonia, 26-24, 25-22, 25-23. The loss to Paonia this weekend knocked VMS out of the tournament in disappointing fashion.
VMS, nonetheless, had a great season with a 15-6 record.
Sports Editor Chris Freud can be reached at 970-748-2934, firstname.lastname@example.org and @cfreud.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Battle Mountain and Eagle Valley cross-country shine in Region 1 Meet
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Tuesday, Oct. 16: Battle Mountain volleyball; Vail Mountain soccer and volleyball
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon