VRD’s running club starts today
June 5, 2013
VAIL — Runners of all skill levels are invited to join in the Vail Recreation District's free summer running club, Vail Strides.
The weekly running club meets on Thursdays, starting today, all summer and leads participants around Vail's scenic recreation paths and on Vail Mountain trails. The Vail Strides Running Club will be led by local runner Greg Decent and will meet at 5:45 p.m. at the Vail Chophouse in Lionshead, adjacent to the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
Participants will receive a free Vail Strides Running Club T-shirt while they last. Most runs will be between 5-8 miles, and all ages, experience and abilities are welcome. Runners should have a running base and feel comfortable at altitude.
Runs will be followed by light stretching and a cool down.
For details, email email@example.com or call 970-479-2280.
VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE BEGINS JUNE 13
Recommended Stories For You
VAIL — Registration is under way for Vail Recreation District's Sand Volleyball League.
The Sand Volleyball League games will take place at 5:45 p.m. on Thursdays, June 13 through Aug. 22, at the sand volleyball courts adjacent to the Vail Athletic Fields. No games on the Fourth of July. Cost is $100 for a four-person team.
Payment is required at time of registration and players must be 18 years or older or have legal guardian consent to be eligible to play. Each team must have one female player on the court at all times during play. The league will use rally scoring.
For more information on VRD adult leagues, call 970-479-2280.
Trending In: Sports
- Eagle County snowboarders Jake Pates, Zoe Kalapos competing in Dew Tour modified halfpipe Dec. 15-16
- Double gold medalist Ligety gives Utah edge over Denver in Olympic chase
- Freud: With 5 wins, does Shiffrin shoot for history? (column)
- Freud: Have the Broncos hit rock bottom? We hope so (column)
- Richards: Simple doesn’t always mean easy (column)
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)