VRD’s running club starts today
June 5, 2013
VAIL — Runners of all skill levels are invited to join in the Vail Recreation District's free summer running club, Vail Strides.
The weekly running club meets on Thursdays, starting today, all summer and leads participants around Vail's scenic recreation paths and on Vail Mountain trails. The Vail Strides Running Club will be led by local runner Greg Decent and will meet at 5:45 p.m. at the Vail Chophouse in Lionshead, adjacent to the Eagle Bahn Gondola.
Participants will receive a free Vail Strides Running Club T-shirt while they last. Most runs will be between 5-8 miles, and all ages, experience and abilities are welcome. Runners should have a running base and feel comfortable at altitude.
Runs will be followed by light stretching and a cool down.
For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-479-2280.
VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE BEGINS JUNE 13
Recommended Stories For You
VAIL — Registration is under way for Vail Recreation District's Sand Volleyball League.
The Sand Volleyball League games will take place at 5:45 p.m. on Thursdays, June 13 through Aug. 22, at the sand volleyball courts adjacent to the Vail Athletic Fields. No games on the Fourth of July. Cost is $100 for a four-person team.
Payment is required at time of registration and players must be 18 years or older or have legal guardian consent to be eligible to play. Each team must have one female player on the court at all times during play. The league will use rally scoring.
For more information on VRD adult leagues, call 970-479-2280.
Trending In: Sports
- Vail Valley preps: Huskies soccer clinches title in Glenwood Springs
- Vail Valley preps wrap for Tuesday, Oct. 16: Battle Mountain volleyball; Vail Mountain soccer and volleyball
- Eagle-Vail hosts cross-country regionals
- Freud on the NFL: Broncos sinking like a stone
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail