Watch Vail local, Mikaela Shiffrin’s Super Bowl commercial
January 29, 2018
EAGLE-VAIL — When Mikaela was 6-years-old her parents brought home an autographed poster from three-time U.S. Olympic alpine skier Heidi Voelker, who wrote, "Dream big, Mikaela, and always be faster than the boys."
Since then the message has become a motto for Shiffrin and her fans alike. She races with the initials A.B.F.T.T.B., which means "Always Be Faster Than The Boys," first on her skis and now on her helmet.
With this year's "Best of U.S." commercial, the motto has graduated from the back of her helmet to the Super Bowl commercial line-up.
Trending In: Sports
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski
- We give you the Vail Valley’s high school games of the year in 2017-18
- Vall Valley preps, the year in review: The moments that mattered
- Battle Mountain High School Huskies’ Sforzo headlines lacrosse awards
- Middaugh tops podium at Xterra off-road triathlon event in Oak Mountain, Alabama
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- Eagle County pledges $500,000 to jump start mental health services; Mental Health Advisory Committee named