Watch Vail local, Mikaela Shiffrin’s Super Bowl commercial
January 29, 2018
EAGLE-VAIL — When Mikaela was 6-years-old her parents brought home an autographed poster from three-time U.S. Olympic alpine skier Heidi Voelker, who wrote, "Dream big, Mikaela, and always be faster than the boys."
Since then the message has become a motto for Shiffrin and her fans alike. She races with the initials A.B.F.T.T.B., which means "Always Be Faster Than The Boys," first on her skis and now on her helmet.
With this year's "Best of U.S." commercial, the motto has graduated from the back of her helmet to the Super Bowl commercial line-up.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s a family matter: Gisin wins gold in combi; Shiffrin second
- With bronze, Vail’s Lindsey Vonn cements her legacy of toughness
- Vail’s Elana Chase helps Aspen skiers tackle Olympic halfpipe
- Vail Christian Saints hoops advance to district semifinals
- Mikaela Shiffrin opts out of downhill at Pyeongchang Olympics
- Whistle Pig Vail: Everything you need to know about the new summer concert series coming to Vail
- Soft cuffs and Gorilla tape were ‘consensual’ for San Diego man accused of attempted murder
- Chris Del Bosco crashes hard in Olympic ski cross event
- Eagle County’s ECO Transit bus system could see significant changes by next winter
- Spring Back to Vail returns starting March 31; SOJA musical headliner