Watch Vail local, Mikaela Shiffrin’s Super Bowl commercial
January 29, 2018
EAGLE-VAIL — When Mikaela was 6-years-old her parents brought home an autographed poster from three-time U.S. Olympic alpine skier Heidi Voelker, who wrote, "Dream big, Mikaela, and always be faster than the boys."
Since then the message has become a motto for Shiffrin and her fans alike. She races with the initials A.B.F.T.T.B., which means "Always Be Faster Than The Boys," first on her skis and now on her helmet.
With this year's "Best of U.S." commercial, the motto has graduated from the back of her helmet to the Super Bowl commercial line-up.
Trending In: Sports
- Cycling greats set to hit Vail’s streets
- The Gentle Summit: The easiest 14ers in Colorado for a first-timer
- The governor’s race: Two-time presidential candidate Gary Johnson rides in Breck Epic
- Different realities: Winter Park man documents, coaches Afghani female ultra-runners and finds an Afghanistan that is unseen in the mainstream
- High school sports: What’s really the point? (column)
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Woman from out of state dies after fall on Mount Royal in Frisco
- Rash of high-end bike thefts in Summit County might be connected to similar crimes in Vail, Avon
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right