Stove fire burns Eagle-Vail kitchen | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Stove fire burns Eagle-Vail kitchen

Photo courtesy Eagle River Fire DistrictA fire, caused by a stove burner that was left on, did about $5,000 to a kitchen in an apartment on Eagle Drive in Eagle-Vail Friday around 1 p.m. No neighboring apartments were damaged and no one was hurt.
ALL |

EAGLE-VAIL, Colorado ” Firefighters put out a fire Friday in a unit of the Mountain Terrace complex in Eagle-Vail.

The Eagle River Fire Protection District responded to reports of smoke at 12:24 p.m. at the Eagle Road complex. Smoke was coming out of the front door of the unit when firefighters arrived, and they found the kitchen engulfed in flames.

The fire was put out quickly, and it didn’t spread to any other units, firefighters said.

No one was home when the fire broke out. The fire was caused by a stove burner that was left on, the fire department said.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User