Street sweeping starts in Vail
VAIL — Street sweeping operations will be getting underway in Vail beginning Monday and will continue through June 3. Crews will be working eight hours each day, five days a week to complete the sweeping which includes curbside cinder pick up. Residents are asked to rake the cinders from their yards into the right-of-way and to call the public works department at 970-479-2158 when ready for pick up, then allow a few days for completion.
Cinder Pick up schedule
The cinder pick up schedule is:
• Mondays: Vail Village, Lionshead Village and Sandstone district from Spraddle Creek to Buffehr Creek.
• Tuesdays: West Vail North district from Buffehr Creek to northwest end.
• Wednesdays: West Vail South district from West Forest Road to Intermountain.
• Thursdays: East Vail district from Golf Course to end of East Vail.
• Fridays: Vail Village, Lionshead Village, frontage roads and roundabouts.
Also, watch for details on additional spring cleaning activities to include the annual town of Vail community cleanup. For more information, contact Kristen Bertuglia, the town’s environmental sustainability coordinator, at 970-477-3455.