Avon Elementary back to normal after gas leak
Wednesday morning’s gas leak at Avon Elementary School has been resolved and the facility certified safe and gas-free by the fire department. Students and staff have returned to classrooms and their normal day.
A gas leak was detected this morning during late start before students arrived. Students were directed to the Avon Recreation Center to begin the day with their teachers and returned to school as soon as the building was cleared by the fire department.
For parents, if you kept your students home during the incident, it is now safe for them to come to school.
La fuga de gas en la Primaria Avon esta mañana fue corregida y las instalaciones certificadas como seguras y sin fuga de gas por el Departamento de Bomberos. Los estudiantes y personal han regresado a su día normal.
Si usted se quedó con sus estudiantes en casa durante el incidente, ahora es seguro para que ellos vengan a la escuela.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…