Success awards nomination season is here
Vail, CO, Colorado
Shine up your dancing shoes and get your ball gowns and tuxedoes to the dry cleaners, folks. The Vail Valley Partnership’s 6th Annual Success Awards Gala is on the calendar and it’s time to think about whom to honor with the most prestigious business awards in the Valley.
The Gala will be Friday, Feb. 6, 2009, at the Ritz Carlton Batchelor Gulch. To spiff things up a bit this year, the event will be black-tie optional, appropriate to the occasion and the accomplishments of the honorees. Awards will recognize achievement of Vail Valley Partnership members in six categories:
– Non-Profit of the Year exemplifies the highest level of excellence in the pursuit of the organization’s mission, enhancing the community’s overall quality of life.
– The Business of the Year award will be given to any business with more than 10 employees that demonstrates ethical business practices, professionalism at all levels and strong community involvement.
– The Small Business of the Year award is given to any member business with 10 or fewer employees that demonstrates ethical business practices, professionalism at all levels and strong community involvement.
– The Entrepreneur of the Year recognizes a founder, owner, CEO or president of a member business responsible for recent outstanding achievements and performance of the business and who has applied his or her business skills and creativity to enrich the lives of the greater community.
– The Business Leader of the Year, a new category, will recognize an individual enterprise founder, owner, CEO or president who is primarily responsible for long-term outstanding achievement and performance of the business and who has applied his or her business skills and creativity to enrich the lives of the greater community.
– The Green Business of the Year award recognizes environmentally sound tactics/strategies/practices that are a component of the organization’s mission, and core values.
We’ll accept award nominations until 5 p.m. on Oct. 15. Watch the Vail Daily for nomination forms, or go to http://www.vailvalleypartnership.com and click on “Events.” You’ll find complete, detailed eligibility requirements and you can download the nomination form there. Then, just email the completed form to Ruthie Carlson, Events Coordinator, email@example.com, or fax it to Ruthie at 970-476-6008.
Organizations interested in sponsoring the event should contact Suzanne Sloan, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 970-477-4009. Sponsorship of this event puts your company in great company and spotlights your commitment to partnership’s economic development mission throughout the Valley.
It will be a night to remember, so spread the word, nominate the businesses you want recognized and save the date. It will be on the top of everyone’s social calendar and you’ll want to see and be seen with the best of the best.
Michael Kurz is president and CEO of the Vail Valley Partnership.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User