Sunlight Mountain Resort offers training tips for 24 Hours of Sunlight
Glenwood Springs, CO Colorado
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado ” With close to 90 inches of snow in December, the slopes of Sunlight Mountain Resort in Glenwood Springs, Colorado are more and more crowded each day.
And with a little more than a month before the annual 24 Hours of Sunlight endurance race, Feb. 7-8, there seems to be as many people hiking up the slopes as there are skiing or riding down them. And that can create a problem if people don’t follow the rules.
Sunlight doesn’t mind if people train on the mountain for the event, during daylight or evening hours, but they would like for people to obey some guidelines and please be respectful of skiing guests.
Guidelines for 24 Hours training
– Please stay as close to the sides of the run as possible; hike preferably far hiker’s left, not right up the middle.
– No dogs allowed on the mountain. Dogs are allowed on the cross-country trails, but owners need to follow the Forest Service policy on leashes.
– Pack your trash and put in the containers at the top or bottom.
– Be aware and stay clear of snowmaking hoses and guns.
– Be aware that snowmobiles and snow-cats may be anywhere on the mountain at any time and stay clear of them.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User