Ikon Pass adds access to Niseko, Japan; Taos, New Mexico
• California: Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Mammoth Mountain and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows
• Colorado: Steamboat and Winter Park
• Utah: Deer Valley and Solitude Mountain Resort
• Vermont: Stratton
• West Virginia: Snowshoe Mountain
• Canada: Blue Mountain, Ontario; Canadian Mountain Holidays, British Columbia; and Tremblant, Québec
Ikon Pass partners
• Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Copper Mountain and Eldora
• Maine: Sugarloaf and Sunday River
• Montana: Big Sky Resort
• New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
• New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley
• Utah: Alta, Brighton Resort and Snowbird
• Vermont: Killington and Sugarbush
• Wyoming: Jackson Hole
• Australia: Thredbo, New South Wales
• Canada: SkiBig3, Alberta, and Revelstoke Mountain Resort, British Columbia
For the third consecutive day, Ikon Pass has announced additional partners, giving pass holders access to resorts in New Mexico, Washington, Michigan, Canada and Japan.
Ikon Pass owner Alterra Mountain Co., which also owns Steamboat Resort, announced the following partners this week: Niseko United in Japan, Taos Ski Valley in New Mexico, The Summit at Snoqualmie in Washington, Cypress Mountain in British Columbia, and Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain in Michigan.
“Japan’s mountains are a longtime bucket list destination for skiers and riders, and we are so excited to open up this part of the world to Ikon Pass holders, providing the opportunity to immerse themselves into the Japanese culture and snow,” Alterra Chief Marketing Officer Erik Forsell was quoted as saying in a news release.
The Ikon Pass, which was created in January, now offers access to 35 resorts across three continents. The pass is a collaboration of Alterra, Aspen Skiing Co., Boyne Resorts, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort, Taos Ski Valley and Thredbo.
Steamboat skiers and snowboarders have the option of unlimited Steamboat Resort access on the Ikon Pass for $999 or five restricted days at Steamboat Resort on the Ikon Base Pass for $699. The Ikon Base Pass is blacked out from Dec. 26 to 31, Jan. 19 and 20 and Feb. 16 and 17. Both pass options include access to additional resorts.
For more information on access and pricing, go to IkonPass.com.
Patrick Tvarkunas needed 237 signatures on a petition to let Eagle voters decide whether The Reserve at Hockett Gulch — a 500-unit workforce housing project — should be built. He and others submitted 304.