Ten tips for Taste of Vail
VAIL — With the 25th anniversary of Taste of Vail in full force, food and wine enthusiasts take to the streets of Vail Village for world-class sips and nibbles. For first time attendees, there are a number of tips that board members, locals and longtime festival goers have learned over the years regarding how to make the most of your Taste of Vail experience.
1. “Be open to new experiences. The opportunity to talk directly to the wine makers is singular to Taste of Vail,” said Greg Moffet, Taste of Vail board member. “You’ll end up trying new things while expanding your knowledge and enjoyment.”
2. Grab your Taste of Vail signature Govino glass. Guests can pick up one of these unbreakable, reusable wine glasses at Wednesday’s Debut of Rose, Thursday’s American Lamb Cook-Off and Friday’s Mountaintop Picnic.
3. Dress comfortably. Since Taste of Vail’s signature events mostly take place outdoors, Executive Director Angela Mueller recommends checking the forecast before the outdoor events as spring weather can be unpredictable. Comfortable shoes are also important for walking around while tasting.
4. Take pictures. “Not only will you capture memories made at Taste of Vail,” said Chris Chantler, Taste of Vail board member, “it also will help you remember which wines you liked the best.
5. Ask questions. A huge part of the Taste of Vail experience is learning. Don’t be afraid to interact with who’s preparing your dish or pouring your wine.
6. “Go to some seminars,” Moffet said. “Where else can you have that much fun while getting smarter about something as cool as wine?” For a full lineup of seminars, visit http://www.tasteofvail.com.
7. Go with friends. “The festival not only celebrates fine wine, world-class food, and the outdoors,” said Mueller. “Good company is what takes your Taste of Vail experience to the next level.”
8. Cast your vote. The 11th annual American Lamb Cook-Off, which takes place today, includes a People’s Choice category where chefs are competing for top honors.
9. Ski over to Mountaintop Picnic. “Spend the morning on the slopes as the Mountaintop Picnic takes place on Vail Mountain right next to the Eagle Bahn Gondola,” Chantler said.
10. Drink responsibly. Since Taste of Vail is primarily a wine tasting event, there are a number of public transportation options available to festival goers. Visit http://www.vailgov.com for more information.
For more information on the Taste of Vail or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.tasteofvail.com.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User