The Radio Band kicks off Maya’s FAC series in Avon Friday
AVON — Maya will kick off the summer season with the return of its popular Friday Afternoon Club Friday at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain. Denver group The Radio Band will perform classic rock and current hits.
The Maya terrace opens at 5 p.m., with the live music starting at 6 p.m. Enjoy $3 tacos, $4 beers, $6 margaritas and $7 premium spirits all while watching another gorgeous Vail Valley sunset.
New this summer, Maya is launching a Maya Instagram contest. Simply post your favorite Maya photo on Instagram tagged with #mayabeavercreek between now and July 24 for a chance to win a bottle of Maya’s delicious tequila, which was specially made for the restaurant last fall at Mexico’s Casa Herradura, plus bottle storage for a year in a Maya Tequila Locker. The contest winner will be announced by Maya Chef Richard Sandoval on July 24th in celebration of National Tequila Day. The Maya management team will randomly select the Instagram contest winner; no purchase necessary to participate.
The Maya FAC lineup includes:
• July 3: Selby & Son, a Colorado-based father and son soul folk band.
• July 10: The Town Pants, a Vancouver-based Celtic roots band.
• July 17: Premium Diesel, a Denver country band.
• July 24: Bill MacKay, a Chicago folk, rock and jazz singer.
• July 31: Bees Trees – Four-man Ohio jazzy jam band.
• Aug. 7: Honeycomb – Boulder-based R&B band.
• Aug. 14: Platonics – Eagle-based six-piece pop/rock band.
• Aug. 21: Ash Ganley Trio – A Lyons-based modern folk acoustic trio.
• Aug. 28: Thumpin’ – Denver-based funk, soul and R&B.
• Sept. 4: Coles Whalen Trio – Denver native bluesy folk singer/songwriter.
The Westin Riverfront offers complimentary on-site valet parking for Maya diners and bar patrons, based on availability. For more information on Maya, visit http://www.richardsandoval.com/mayabc.