This week’s Vail Valley Senior Calendar features card-making, shopping and more
Here’s a look at upcoming senior events:
• Tuesday, Nov. 28: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory loss Support Group at Eagle River Presbyterian Church 9 — 10:30 a.m. This group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, Nov. 29: Greeting Card Making Workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 — 4 p.m. Make and take three cards and supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Friday, Dec. 1: Our personal librarian, from Avon Public Library, visits Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center with a selection of large print books, DVDs and audiobooks. 10:30 a.m.
• Friday, Dec. 1: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 10:30 a.m. No sign-up necessary, and good conversation, coffee, tea and goodies provided.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Saturday, Dec. 2: Greeting Card Making Workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 — 4 p.m. Sign up in the activity book or call 970-328-8896. Supplies provided, $5 suggested donation to help replenish supplies.
• Monday, Dec. 4: Shopping trip to Glenwood Springs. Transportation between Minturn and Glenwood is provided. Call 970-343-9565 for more information.
• Friday, Dec. 8: The Dickens Carolers will be holding a special performance at the Golden Eagle Senior Center at 6 p.m. No sign up necessary, please bring a light snack to share. For more information, call 970-328-8896.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center in Eagle. Call 328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to: http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway, Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-2812.