Tickets on sale for Vilar summer shows Monday
Beaver Creek CO, Colorado
BEAVER CREEK, Colorado ” Boasting highlights including “American Idol”-winning rocker David Cook, guitar legend Peter Frampton, multi-platinum singer/songwriter Michael Bolton, Grammy-winning superstar Rick Springfield and the return to the VPAC Family Film Series, the summer lineup at the Vilar Performing Arts Center promises to keep locals and visitors alike entertained long after the sun has gone down on the Rocky Mountains.
Tickets for the full summer lineup are on sale today, beginning at 11 a.m. today. Tickets are available online at http://www.vilarpac.org, by phone at 888-920-ARTS(2787) or in person at the box office in Beaver Creek.
June 1 marks the on-sale date for every show in the season. Early on-sale dates for select shows have been rolling out since the spring, and the Aug. 2 Diana Krall concert has already sold out. Other early on-sale shows include Blood, Sweat and Tears featuring special guest Chuck Negron, formerly of Three Dog Night; Peter Frampton; and Michael Bolton. Tickets are moving fast for each of these performances, so purchase early to ensure the best selection of seats before the theater sells out.
Joining the shows on sale today are recently announced additions to the lineup, including David Cook, Rick Springfield and psychedelic rockers Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams. Additionally, fans of comedy will be fast to snap up seats for the stand-up of Paul Rodriguez, and country music lovers will be fast to move on the best seats for Ronnie Milsap.
The season is rounded out with family films, culinary events, classical music, dance and a documentary film series. The full lineup, including artist bios and ticketing information, can be viewed at http://www.vilarpac.org.
Tickets are available online 24 hours a day. The box office is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., with additional hours on performance days.
The Vilar Performing Arts Center is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For more information on the Vail Valley Foundation, visit vvf.org.
– VPAC Family Film, “Kung Fu Panda,” June 24
– David Cook, June 28
– VPAC Family Film, “Hotel for Dogs,” July 1
– Blood, Sweat and Tears with special guest Chuck Negron, July 2
– Bravo! Vail Valley Music Festival, Reel Music: Chamber Music Goes to the Movies, July 7
– VPAC Family Film, “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa,” July 8
– Paul Rodriguez, July 13
– VPAC Family Film, “Bolt” July 15
– Ronnie Milsap, July 22.
– Vail International Dance Festival, UpClose: Savion Glover, July 28.
– Diana Krall, Aug. 2, sold out
– Vail International Dance Festival, UpClose: Edward Villella with Miami City Ballet, Aug. 3.
– Vail International Dance Festival, UpClose: Wendy Whelan, Dancer and Muse with Morphoses/The Wheeldon Company, Aug. 6.
– Peter Frampton, Aug. 12.
– Vail Performing Arts Academy, “The Pirates of Penzance, Jr.,” Aug 15-16.
– Michael Bolton, Aug. 20.
– Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits Festival, Aug. 22.
– Vail Symposium’s Beaver Creek Film Series, “Le Belle et la Bête, ” Aug. 26.
– Rick Springfield, Aug. 29.
– Vail Symposium’s Beaver Creek Film Series, “Pather Panchali,” Sept. 2.
– Vail Symposium’s Beaver Creek Film Series, “Waltz with Bashir,” Sept. 9.
– Vail Symposium’s Beaver Creek Film Series, “The Edge of Never,” Sept. 16.
– Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams. Sept. 28.